About dLOC Project Introspection
Using funding from the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Title III, Project Introspection produced a variety of materials on various aspects of the history and culture of the U.S. Virgin Islands. The goal is to coordinate units of work on the Virgin Islands and Caribbean from all available sources had a two-fold objective:
- to discover and reproduce such material for instruction, and
- to provide a medium for wide dissemination of this material for the benefit of all Virgin Islands school children and ultimately the entire community.
Titles in the Project Introspection series include:
- Book: Beautiful Inkberry Tree: A Christmas Story for Young Virgin Islanders
- Brief Historical Notes on Schools of the Virgin Islands
- European and African Influences on the Culture of the Virgin Islands
- Book: Footsteps to Follow
- Historical Account of the Purchase and Transfer of the Danish West Indies
- Hurricanes and Holidays: Supplication Day; Local Thanksgiving
- Profiles of Outstanding Virgin Islanders
- Salute to Our First Elected Governor: Melvin Evans
This collection was contributed to the multi-institutional collaborative Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) project by the University of the Virgin Islands. Visit the dLOC to view materials submitted by over a hundred partner institutions.